When it comes to cookies, I haven't met one I don't like. They are incredible moreish and very versatile. They are a bake that I love to play around with, trying all sorts of flavours and textures...you don't just have to eat chocolate chip anymore! (Although sometimes nothing can beat a classic choc chip cookie.)
These toffee popcorn cookies drizzled with the finest dark chocolate are one of my favourite combinations to date. The popcorn creates a unique texture in a gooey, chewy cookie dough and the whole thing just works!
INGREDIENTS250g demerara sugar
225g unsalted butter
300g self-raising flour
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g toffee popcorn
100g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until well combined.
- Lightly beat the egg, then add to the butter and sugar mixture. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the flour, half the popcorn and a pinch of salt.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls and place on the baking trays with enough room to spread. Lightly flatten each one and press the remaining pieces of popcorn into the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Leave to firm up on the tray for a couple of minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water. Generously drizzle over the cookies then leave to set.