A signature Bakes By Butter recipe, deliciously rich, gooey in the middle with a crunchy Malteaser topping. What more could you ask for from a brownie? These regularly appear in the Butter bakery and they don't tend to stick around for a long!
INGREDIENTS200g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
200g unsalted butter
200g golden caster sugar
3 large eggs
50g plain flour
100g Malteasers plus extra for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan. Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and melt over a pan of simmering water ensuring the water never touches the bottom of the bowl.
- In another bowl beat the eggs and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Stir in the melted chocolate mixture with the flour and Malteasers.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes or until the mixture has developed a crust topping but still wobbles slightly.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then slice and serve with lightly crushed malteasers sprinkled on top.